8 Delicious Chrysanthemum Recipes
Although chrysanthemums are generally available all year round, they are most popular in the fall. Chrysanthemums of all colours, sizes and forms are available. Not only do these bright and colourful flowers brighten up and beautify homes and gardens everywhere, the flowers and leaves are also edible.
They are often used in Chinese cuisines, in both savoury and sweet dishes, to add a delicate, floral taste. Chrysanthemum flowers can be used in soups, teas, desserts and entrees. That being said, the flowers sold at your local garden center or florists are not meant for consumption, as they are often sprayed with chemicals. Edible chrysanthemums can be found at an Asian supermarket.
Here are some chrysanthemum recipes for you to try:
- Chrysanthemum Tea
- Chrysanthemum, Dandelion & Potato Frittata
- Chrysanthemum Greens with Sesame Dressing
- Roast Chicken Noodle Soup with Chrysanthemum
- Korean Glass Noodles with Chrysanthemum Greens
- Chrysanthemum Jelly
- Chrysanthemum and Cress Salad
- Udon Noodles with Chrysanthemum Leaves & Meatballs